Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another Dilemma

Do you often question if your life is already planned for you? Do you ever ask yourself why bother working hard if your life is already set? Recently, I have been asking these questions due to a combination of being a second-semester senior and less school work. As relaxing as it may feel right now, I know, for a fact, that being lazy will get me no where - trust me, I tried it. But then again, coming home from school, sleeping until 7 or 8 o'clock beats the hell out of doing homework and studying. This is pretty much my life right now: sleep a lot, eat a lot, do very little. I hate to admit it, but it feels very nice.
Sometimes I convince myself that someone has already planned out my life. I often pray that he would take care of my future, and I certainly believe that he will. Considering how much I trust him, it is very tempting to set up the cruise control and roll along. But given how I feel about this whole dilemma, I have come to a conclusion. He only rewards those who work hard - I think that's what he said. In the past few days, I was rewarded with some college acceptance letters. But at the same time I'm scared that if I stop working hard, I won't get anymore acceptance letters.
However, this conflicts with my other belief that my life is already planned out. I guess that this depends on my definition of a "successful" life. So I have decided that I will stop being lazy and start putting some effort back into my school work. Therefore, I won't feel as bad and maybe some more good news will arrive.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. funny how i can totally relate to this. i remember getting my fortune told one time and y'know how chinese people are psycho and believe you can determine one's fate by studying their facial features? well, apparently, my nose indicates that i'm supposed to become filthy rich one day so i always think, maybe i can fail all my classes and still be rich because it's not likely that my nose will change its shape anytime soon or anytime ever. but then again, i'm too scared to try. hahah

    i think i'm starting to get addicted to blogspot. the frickin dashboard shows everybody's new posts and i just can't help reading everyone's new entries!!

    ReplyDelete