So I just made this blog, and this can be my first official entry.
Today was a busy day.
There was a garage sale in my community this morning,
but I probably only saw one or two houses selling things.
Two weeks ago, a friend of mine rear ended my car.
Both of us are fine, but our cars are not.
Mine is actually still drivable, it just has a slightly crooked bumper and a broken light.
My friends car had to make a visit to the auto shop.
Anyways, today was the perfect opportunity to sell my car, a 1991 Mercedes 420 SEL.
So my dad and I cleaned it up, waxed it for about an hour, and detailed the interior and engine bay. We got out the "for sale" sign and listed it for 900 hundred dollars.
Yea, 900 hundred bucks isn't that much.
Thankfully, our insurance gave us 3k because they were not willing to fix the car,
for the cost of repair exceeds the value of the car.
A guy named Walter drove through our street.
He asked if he could take a look at the car.
He got in, asked some questions, and drove it around.
He liked it, I could tell. His kids were already playing in the the rear seats.
He gave us a down payment of 20 bucks and took away the for sale sign.
I thought that was clever.
This car is awesome.
It sucks that I have to sell it.
He will pick it up sometime this week - I really wish he didn't.
But then, that also means I might get a new car :]
-Matthew
-edit-
Yea, so as the title says, this is my first blog.
I've made a xanga before, but I never really used it.
Hopefully, good things will come out of this one.
I just hope that I don't waste too much time.
-Matthew
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment