Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mentatsu Ramen House

So my family and I have been eating at this small restaurant -Mentatsu- for about a year now. The style mimics that of an "authentic" Japanese ramen house, very small yet lively. The quality of the noodles, soup, and especially service is superb. Although the price is not exactly the cheapest, almost everything on the menu is between 7 to 10 dollars.

Mentatsu is located very close to Costa Mesa, and it is even open until midnight -for the late night shoppers. The restaurant itself is very small, maximum capacity around 20 or so people. They have 3 or 4 waitresses and they are all extremely nice. Depending on what time you decide to eat, there can be no wait at all or there might be a few parties in front of you. Wait or no wait, in the end, the food, no matter how full you are, will leave you wanting more.

At most Japanese noodle houses, the portion is... well not enough for me. HOWEVER, at Mentatsu, I usually have to take home my unfinished food - amazing, I know! Aside from the more than generous portions of food, the waitresses are nice and very quick. Its almost as if they are trained to hear the rattling of the ice cubes and the loud sips of the remaining tea.

Overall, Mentatsu is a wonderful place to eat with your family and friends. The food, service, and quality is more than fantastic. Even the location is pretty sweet. One day, I hope I can take my girlfriend there, after a long night of shopping :D I wish!




Here's the restaurant - look at the size!

Curry Ramen - my favorite


1 comment: